Friday, July 01, 2011

Brother Lee

In the spring I received a call from an old friend from my mission. Brother Lee was the branch president of the Kimcheon branch when I was serving in my last area. Amber's brother Judd also served in Kimcheon and had the opportunity to meet Brother Lee.
We arrived in Korea about the time that Judd was finishing his mission. When Amber's parents came out to visit, they all got the chance to go to Kimcheon and met Brother Lee and his family. I had to work so I did not get to go with them. Now it has been 2 years since we arrived in Korea and I still had not had the chance to meet up with Brother Lee. After getting his call, we made plans to go down and see him.
Brother Lee took us to an awesome restaurant that specialized in duck steamed in a broth derived from poison oak. The flavor was amazing. It was great to be able to reminisce about old times and old acquaintances. Brother Lee has not changed a bit. He is still the same sweet quiet but powerful man that he was 10 years ago.
If you ever find yourself in Kimcheon be sure to check out the restaurant.
Here is an old photo of Brother Lee and me.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I love all of your pics! So many fun memories. Logan, Addy and Sadie are so cute! Berkeley loves to look at all of the pictures, and points each of you out, individually. :) Hope you're all doing well.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a cool thing you got to do because of where you are in life! Soak it all in!
Jocelyn