Thursday, February 17, 2011

Logan update

I feel like it has been forever since we posted. I figured it was time to give a little spotlight on each one of my special little ones. Logan has had a great time the last month learning about Dinosaurs. Yes, a whole month what a cool teacher right! For the class Valentines party we did an "I love Dinosaurs" theme.
My amazing, talented husband drew, colored, cut, and lamented, this Triceratops. We have 3 horns for them to try to put on the dinosaur. (Like pin the tail on the donkey.) Logan was so proud that his dad made this for him. I LOVE IT!
Mrs. Donaho giving Logan a good tickle for a smile!
Dinosaur cake for dessert.
They made the spotlights because they are all Paleontologists. Addy loves going to Logan's school functions, she feels like such a big girl.

Logan you are always so nice to your sister. I am so thankful for your kindness and the love you show her. You are always so patient when she plays with you and your friends.

The other day we were at the play ground and Logan helped Addy on all the big slides etc. He doesn't leave her for his friends and in return all his friends follow him and include Addysen.
I made baby Sadie a new blanket which was my first one I've ever made. The kids both loved it so I decided they both needed a blanket too. I have now finished Logan's but haven't taken a picture. I still need more yarn for Addy's...hopefully this weekend I can pick some up.
Logan was trying and trying one Saturday to draw a dinosaur. He was getting so frustrated because he couldn't get it right. Then Spencer came to the rescue. They sat down together and Spencer gave him a little lesson in drawing. I am amazed at the talent they both have. I bet Spencer was just like Logan when he was little. It's fun to see them working together and Sp helping Logan with his talent. I loved hearing Spencer teach Logan about seeing the shapes etc. Logan keep it up buddy!
Logan is getting so big and it's so fun to be a part of it. He is learning how to READ right now and LOVES it! He picks it up really fast. I think the other awesome quality he received from Spencer is his ability to memorize. I have to test him on words out of order just to make sure he really knows them...smarty pants!
Logan and Addy are also my big helpers around the house. They have the job of cleaning the windows. I usually help them and do the top and they clean the bottom, well this day I was busy and Logan figured out how to get the job done without me. :-)
Another example of a creative mind. Addy & Logan were playing in the playroom and then called us to come and see the zoo they made. Do you see the jeep drops people off and they walk down the path to the zoo. I was amazed!
Logan sure gets worn out with school and other activities. He is a special little boy with a HUGE heart. I hope that I can always keep that soft side of him in a crazy world! I love him so much. I have enjoyed seeing his excitement about our new baby coming. Lately he has been asking me if today was going to be the day she comes?? I wish I knew? He loves babies in fact the other day he said "I might like babies even more than a dog!" That is pretty huge. I am grateful that both of my little girls have Logan as a big brother, he is the best.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

What a busy guy!! He seems like such a fun kid-I'm sure you love it! The zoo is awesome:)

Cami said...

He is so cute, and getting SO big! We should plan a cruise in 5 years with you guys! :)

Anonymous said...

Man I miss you guys sooo much! I look at these pictures and all I want to do is get on the first plane there to give you all hugs and kisses. I can't wait to see you in Oct. Logan you are the best big brother for your little sisters. You are so sweet and have one of the biggest hearts I've seen. You are super smart and creative. I love you so much!
Joce