Thursday, April 29, 2010

Book of Mormon Challenge/Turning 29 on the 29th!

I have to document this experience so I can always remember this moment in my life. A month ago a friend from church challenged us to all read the BOM in a month. At first I thought that there would be no way I could do that...I'm too busy and that is so much to read in a short time. I feel pretty good when I can read the Book of Mormon in a year and there she was asking us to do it in a month, that seemed like a little much. I came home from church and couldn't stop thinking about it. I knew I needed to commit to doing it! Then my skepticism turned to excitement and I WAS GOING TO DO IT! I needed to read from 15-20 pages a day. From start to finish I have opened my Book of Mormon before turning on the computer, before knitting, quilting, blogging (as you can tell) and it was AWESOME! I took a little BOM around in my purse everywhere I went. If I was waiting in the car for Spencer I read, if I had any down time I was reading. At night before bed I read, I was reading and loving it all the time. It seems to me in the past I have always had a hard time keeping everything and everybody straight in the BOM but not this time. I was able to understand and learn and grow so much from reading it straight thru. I gained a greater love and appreciation for the Book of Mormon and all it teaches me. My life will forever be blessed by making this goal and keeping it! I finished the Book of Mormon on my 29th birthday. It was the greatest gift I could have ever received. I know it is true and that we are so blessed to have the Book of Mormon to read and to learn from. It makes me HAPPY and I feel so grateful for the knowledge I have that I am a daughter of God. He loves each one of us and is so aware of our individual situations. I love the Book of Mormon! I love feeling the spirit as well as the calm feeling of love and reassurance that I received while reading this book. My 29th birthday in Korea will forever hold a very bright spot in my life!

I also had a great bday with so many birthday calls, Face book notes, breakfast with my family, Korean BBQ chicken (Judd you know what I am talking about) for dinner, birthday cards, presents, pedicure, (Addy and I got a pedicure and manicure which was awesome she loved it and sat so still for them), a great friend babysitting so I could go out on a date with my MAN! It was a great day! Thanks to all my family and friends for your love!

1 comment:

Tam said...

Extremely inspiring. Way to go!