Saturday, February 26, 2011

Logan is "one rad dude"

On Saturday, the weather was beautiful outside and Logan has been itching to get out his bike. Just as we were about to leave he said, "can I try it without the wheels?" Logan is pro at riding his scooter but since his bike is big and bulky we don't take it down the 36 floors too often to go riding, so I was a little worried about his ability to do it.
Last time we went to Albuquerque Logan's cousin Brody had the coolest bike called a "STRIDER". It is basically a bike without pedals that teaches kids to balance on a bike and never need training wheels. Addysen got one for Christmas but Logan has done his share of trying it out and has obviously gotten the hang of balancing. So after I took off the training wheels, we headed outside and right out of the door, he took off and went about 20 feet before stopping. Within about 30 minutes he was riding up and down the sidewalk like it was no big deal. I remember being 5 when I first rode without training wheels and I crashed so many times I had skinned knees on top of skinned knees. Logan has a few bruises from the pedals knocking him in the legs, but for the most part came out unscathed.
Then there is Addy, she is loving the STRIDER. If you have a toddler, you should definitely pick one of these up.
She is already lifting up both feet and balancing for several yards.
Shes good...
And knows it:)
So here are our not-so-little kids on a day that Logan will probably never forget.

Back in the house I showed Logan the opening credits for the 1980's movie "RAD"



Needless to say he got really excited to do some more biking.



Here is a video of Logan doing his thing.

1 comment:

The Kohntopp's said...

I haven't ever heard of those Strider bikes! I'll have to get one for my kiddos!! Cute kids by the way!