Thursday, July 19, 2007

Diamond Head

Here we are near an old piece of lifting equipment, the view was amazing.
At the base of the trail there was a little yellow school bus selling shaved ice so we got some.

This is one of the tunnels that led to the top. We got there about a half hour before they closed the gates to the tunnel leading to the parking lot so we pretty much ran up it and then ran right back down it. The lady that ran the park turned the lights out on us just as we were coming down the spiral staircase from the top tier. It was kind of freaky cause there were spiders every where and the stairs did not allow much room per person to move. Luckily we had our cell phones to light the way...


Here is a picture of the view from the top. Diamond head used to be a small military base so there are alot of old 1950's era leftover pieces or equipment.






We hiked Diamond Head and wow it is so pretty. You look over the whole city. You can see how beautiful the ocean is. I have also been enjoying during the day while Spencer is at work going to the beach here close to our hotel. It is so awesome to lay out on my towel and listen to the waves hit the rocks. I love that sound, it is so relaxing. I am also reading Harry Potter for the first time and enjoying that too. Now I am just like a little puppy excited for my owner to get home from work. It is fun to be here with Spencer. I love him so much.

9 comments:

Jann said...

A beach and Harry Potter, what more can anyone want? Beautiful pictures. I'll bet you are having so much fun.

The Spiveys said...

Are you at the Ala Moana beach? That was our very favorite one on the island. Hopefully we can take our kids there someday, they would love it.

Rick said...

Aloha Amber! You guys look so cute!
Drink a pina colata (sp?) for me! love, Kendra

Kel said...

It is beautiful! My darling husband has promised me a trip to Hawaii some day. Your pictures are making me all the more anxious. I am glad you guys are having such a good time.

Cami said...

Yay! Reading HP!! Good for you. So, I love Diamond Head. I remember lots and lots of stairs, and also t-shirts that said "I survived Diamond Head" but NO keychains. ARgh.

Jenni said...

How fun for you guys!! Ah, Harry Potter and the beach - I'm totally jealous!! :)

Garner Family said...

Looks like you guys are having a great time. I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back. I finally started my own page..
http://muchadoaboutgarners.blogspot.com/

Cami said...

Hey, we miss you guys. So COME BACK!!

Corinne said...

That shaved ice looks AWESOME!! SO glad it's lovely.