Wednesday, July 25, 2007

La'ie Temple

Well, here we are at at the temple. It is really pretty, the fountains run down in steps from the temple and you can see the ocean from the entrance. We got there on a Wednesday night and so it was pretty quiet, we didn't think we were going to make the session, and it turned out that we were the session. The workers were all so nice and it was a wonderful experience.
If you were quiet and slow walking around the grounds, you can see these little geckos

The visitor center looked alot like the one in Salt Lake, there was even a Christ statue

Amber wrote: After a very long, traffic congested drive to the temple we made it in two hours. It was so frustrating but once we got there it was well worth it. We were the only couple and then one lady joined us. We were very welcomed and they were so glad to have us come. The spirit was strong and it was so peaceful. It is a small but pretty temple. The temple grounds are just so amazing. It was fun to have a night like that with Spencer. We are so blessed to have the church in our lives. It is amazing what a big difference it makes in our marriage to have a common ground like the gospel. I am so grateful for it. It was so nice to go to the temple. I love you Spencer.

4 comments:

Corinne said...

I've wanted to go to that temple since I was a little girl. So glad it was great@@

Cami said...

Oh, i've never been to that temple. Sounds lovely. I bet they were dying to give you a lei in there. :)

Jenni said...

The grounds look amazing! What a beautiful experience!!

Jann said...

This is a beautiful temple. When I saw it I was just 14, so I didn't get to go inside, but I loved walking around the grounds. It truly is a beautiful setting.