Sunday, July 15, 2007

A quick drive around the Island

Today was my first Saturday in Hawaii, my coworkers and I got up early and headed out to a little kitchen called, "Boots and Kimo's" It is famous for its home made macadamia nut pancake sauce. It was delicious. Next we drove to the coast and just kept on going until we made it back to where we started. We stopped at a couple of beaches to take pictures and we also made it to the Temple.
We got snow cones at Matsumoto's, it was very good. Next we went to a Korean festival in Kapiolani park. It was fun and I just kept thinking how cool it would be if Judd could have come and seen it. There was alot of great food and music, as well as a tent set up with historical artifacts. They had a couple of general's helmets from the Imjin war...

The weather was a little overcast and it rained off and on throughout the day. Tonight we went to Paradise Cove for the dinner show. It was amazing, the table was facing the ocean and we got to watch the sun set. The show included a lot of Hula Dancers and an amazing Fire dancer. He was throwing fire around like nothing I have ever seen before. There were also fun games that you could play to win shells, I tried throwing a spear and playing Hawaiian horse shoes... It was alot of fun. I am really excited for Amber to get here. The is so much here that I am sure she is going to love as I have.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I can't wait to come be with you. It is so pretty. I think that flower is so beautiful. Great pictures. I love ya.

Cami said...

Sounds like a great time! Make sure you eat some "plate lunch" (I don't know why we call it that in my fam) out of those truck/van type places around. It's chickeny stuff with some rice and some cabbage and stuff. We got some just across the street from the church there. That, to me, is Hawaii.