Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Pictures from Paradise

One of the first things that I noticed when the plane was landing was how clear the water is. Once I had the chance to experience the water up close, I was amazed how warm the water is. If you look close in the above picture you can see little fish. There are millions of them and if you don't move for a while, they come up pretty close.
Please excuse the extreme closeup, I was alone and it was dark and I wasn't prepared to lose my camera on the first day at the beach...
The pictures don't do this place justice, it is so beautiful and perfect here and this is not even one of the really scenic beaches. Today was much better than yesterday and the jet-lag is starting to ease up. My first day a work I really had to fight to stay awake. It gets dark here earlier than in Maryland so there is not a lot of time between work and nightfall to do too much, but this weekend I plan to go out and see more of what the island has to offer.


2 comments:

Corinne said...

Georgous!! I remember when Clint first saw the water in the Bahamas, he asked me how Disney got the water so blue (we were on their private island)! I laughed and had to tell him that some waters are just truly THAT beautiful :)

Cami said...

Oh Yeah! I love Hawaii so much. It's beautiful. Have fun!!