Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Filled with gratitude!!!


Last night was my baby shower for Addysen. Christie said that I was having a different gender baby and so I needed it. It was so nice of her especially since I wasn't planning on having one. (A little secret about Amber: I don't know why but I always seem to get a little nervous about functions that are just for me. I worry that maybe nobody will come.........Oh how wrong was I!)



It was so much fun!! Christie did so much work to prepare the food, house, decorations, all of it was fantastic. She is so talented and a sweet friend. Scarlett made this adorable Welcome Addy cake with a little baby on it. (The cake not only looked cute but tasted good too.) I had so many friends come I was just shocked. The house was packed and we all ate great food, played some fun games (thanks Christina) and visited with each other.



I couldn't even sleep last night because I was still overwhelmed with how much love and support I was shown. I really can't believe it. We were so blessed and received so many cute outfits and gifts. It means so much I can't get over it. I appreciate having so many wonderful friends that would take time out of there busy schedules to come and support me. Thank you all so so much!! I couldn't even carry all the gifts up the stairs by myself. Spencer had to help and he was just shocked too. It was so fun this morning Logan woke up and he was so excited to see all the fun new things for Addy. Then he saw the Hot Wheels Truck that Tracy bought for him.......WOW what joy to see his face light up! He has been playing with it all morning. He said "Oh thank you so much for my new truck." (Tracy thank you thank you I told him it was from Sophia’s mommy.)

So friends, Thanks so so much!! I can't tell you enough how much it means to me to have friends like you when family is so far. I love that we had the time to just sit and visit without our other little ones distracting us! Thanks for spending time last night visiting and celebrating our new little girl that will soon be with us. It sure seems a little bit more real this morning!! We are so excited for Addy to come join our family.
--posted by Amber--
thanks Christie for the great pics!

13 comments:

supersonicjan said...

so fun! now you just need a baby...

Scarlett said...

Holy Post! Did you get anything done today? LOL. Girl you deserve it and everything that comes with it. You are such a sweet and special person that I can't imagine why you'd think no one would come to honor your lovely self. I loved and enjoyed making that cake just for you, I've never made anything like it so it was my first and I'm glad it was with you! (wink)

love you lots!

Tracy said...

It was fun to have a celebration just for you. You are so special, of course we were all there. So glad Logan is enjoying his truck. I love his picture with it!

Cami said...

It was great fun, and of COURSE we all came. We love your guts. I'm sure Logan was totally excited. I had meant to get him a prize too, but forgot. Argh . . . Tracy stealing my thunder . ..

Corinne said...

Oh friend, it was a PLEASURE to celebrate with you :)

audreyspencer said...

Hey Amber,
It was great to hear from you. Congrats on the new little one on the way. Girls are so much fun because you get to dress them up and do their hair. But, just to warn you, they are so much more sensitive and whiny. Well, I've heard anyway. Keep in touch.

Audrey

Jenni said...

It was so much fun and just to repeat everyone else - we love you so of course we were all there!!:)That pic of you is so cute during the game!!:)

Christie said...

It was so fun to get together, I am excited for your new arrival. I am glad you had a good time. We went to chevys tonight and had a WONDERFUL time. Yummy flautas, how did you know? :-)

Camrin said...

I am so excited to see pictures of your little girl when she arrives. Girls are a lot of fun!

Jann said...

Every girl needs a party, just for her, every once and a while. It was fun to be there with you.

Anonymous said...

Dear Amber,
What a blast to get a baby girl shower! The cake was absolutely darling and clever. We are so excited for Addy's arrival! Somehow getting cute little outfits for a baby girl is like playing dolls, only you get to do it with a real live doll. It is so much fun. You have great friends. What a fun party!
Love, Pauleen

Kellie said...

So sorry I missed it Amber! I'm glad it was a special night for you!

Kim said...

It looks like your shower was wonderful! I'm so sorry I missed it. :(

We can't wait for Addy to get here (I can see that she's certainly stocked up with a lot of cute clothes!)!