Thursday, May 28, 2009

... as we know it.... I feel fine (sort of)

So as I was driving back from Burger King with the meal I was hoping would some how convince the movers to be more careful with our stuff, REM came on the radio singing their "end of the world" song. It was like hearing the theme song of our lives right now, CRAZY. So here it is... some of our stuff getting put on a plane, some of our stuff being put into storage and the rest being wrapped in brown paper that is somehow going to protect it on its 45 - 75 day voyage on a barge. It was kind of funny how the movers managed to find scratches and spots on everything we own and marked them with their cryptic codes to ensure that they would not be liable for anything short of the crate falling off the ship, but looked at us like we were crazy if we acted concerned about the door to the crate being fastened in a way that it appeared to be hanging by two or three nails. I cannot tell you how much I hate being asked, "this is your first time moving right?" followed by a patronizing, "I can tell." Excuse me for being concerned about my stuff making it in one piece. If it was their stuff going around the world on a boat you know they'd be picky too.... anyhow... there is our stuff, all of our stuff in a box. (I hope that whoever Mr. Browning is, doesn't end up with my big screen)
The movers were sort of slow but it allowed for many of the friends we have made at the apartment to stop by and say their goodbyes. Raymond the maintenance man stopped by a couple of times to see Logan. They have become pretty good pals. Jo, the old lady from down stairs almost made us all cry as she said goodbye. We really have made a bunch of great memories here.
Logan took his first steps here. Now he is a little boy, more fascinated with the hugeness of the moving truck than concerned about the long trip ahead.
Addy is just walking now and she most likely won't even remember living here unless fate and the economy bring us back here...
So here we are... leaving one adventure, about to embark on a new one... our biggest yet.

21 comments:

Donna said...

Okay, so I usually don't cry with new posts, in fact they always make me so happy--but this one made me cry! I guess it just makes it more real that you really are moving to Korea! sob, sob...I can't even see to write this...what an adventure! We love you and are so proud of you! We wish you well in this new life and only hope you love it as much as Judd does! =) Love, Mom

The Spiveys said...

We are so excited for you guys!! Hopefully we can come visit while you are over there!!

Jann said...

I am so sorry I missed saying goodbye to you guys. I got your phone message about five days too late. Have a safe trip, and I hope to see you back again after your little adventure. Keep blogging so I know what you are up to.

The Fam said...

Ok so I totally missed somewhere that you are moving.... let alone that you are moving across the world! Good luck, I hope your things get there safe and sound, and I look forward to seeing and reading all about your new adventures!

Amy said...

I must have missed all of this - you are moving to KOREA??? Crazy! What does your husband do? Good luck with everything :)

Renee said...

Holy CRAP is all I have to say! Korea? What? What the heck? WOW! What an exciting adventure for you and your cute little family. Please get on my blog and send me your e-mail address so we can keep in touch. No wonder you are worried about your stuff making it...it is traveling a long way!!!

Stuart Humes said...

Yeah, I'd be freaking out with the movers too! I still can't get over the fact that you are moving to Korea. You are so brave and adventurous! I don't think I could EVER do something like this. Good luck! Be sure to blog often so we can enjoy your adventure from afar!

Jason & Claire said...

Korea! How did I miss this? I didn't even figure out where it was you were moving to until I read your comments. I can NOT wait to hear about your adventure. I am so excited for you! ;)

Christie said...

How did I not know this was happening till just like 2 weeks ago?!?! And I didn't know it was happening this fast! I can't wait to hear how it all went. Good luck you guys. XOXOX

Brad and Lisa said...

Crazy! What a fun and amazing adventure! I wish you guys the best and can't wait for the future games of mafia once you guys return! :o) Good luck!

Cami said...

I'm glad I'm not there, because I would be very sad. I REALLY hope you guys have a good trip and keep all of us posted on the interweb. I almost died when Ethan ais "who is that family" when he saw your picture. Luckily when I blew it up and he could actually see it, he immediately said, "Oh yeah, Logan! My friend Logan. He's in Maryland." Well, not anymore kid! Good luck!

audreyspencer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
audreyspencer said...

WOW....what an adventure. Keep us posted. Good Luck.

Alyson said...

WE LOVE YOU! WE LOVE YOU SO SO MUCH!!! Be safe.

4 Girls and a Guy said...

Good Luck! Eat lots of Kimchi for us!! lol....What a great experience for your family! Be safe!

Camren and Tiffany said...

We are going to miss you guys to much. Jade asks if Logan is coming just about every day :( So hopefully we don't have to go to long between visits! This will be a cool adventure for you guys we can't wait to hear some stories!

Camren and Tiffany said...

We are going to miss you guys to much. Jade asks if Logan is coming just about every day :( So hopefully we don't have to go to long between visits! This will be a cool adventure for you guys we can't wait to hear some stories!

Corinne said...

Man, that must have been WEIRD to see your life boxed up that way! I'm so glad I got to see you and the kids one last time :)

Garner Family said...

Hope your trip over wasn't too terrible. Can't wait to hear about it. Don't forget to send out your skype number.

Jenni said...

WOW! Best wishes on your new adventure! How exciting!:)

{leah} said...

I love it when the movers move us... {better than moving our selves} Have fun in Korea!!! How long will you guys be there?