Sunday, March 09, 2008

Church Talk

Amber posted:
I was asked to speak in church today. It is always a very stressful thing for me when I need to give a talk or prepare a lesson. The week or weeks before it really consumes all my thoughts. I am so happy that I was able to speak and to such a wonderful ward full of friends. Today was also special having little Logan in the audience just smiling so big at me. He made me feel like I was the greatest thing in the world no matter what I said. What a great feeling that is to be so loved! The thumbs up from daddy and Logan was great too. I am so glad to be a part of this truth. I love the gospel so much and appreciate the principles and the basis it gives me when raising my own family. I am so happy I was able to be raised with such strong values and hope I can do the same for my kids. I am so glad we have the spirit that can prompt us and give us thoughts on what to say and do.

9 comments:

Corinne said...

Your talk ROCKED. The pictures even helped Sheely to pay attention :) Well done friend.

Tracy said...

You did such a GREAT job. You are so happy and smiling, you even put me in a better mood. Even my 14 & 15 year old Sunday School class were commenting on your talk. They loved the pictures. You should speak every week! :)

Scarlett said...

You have such a gift, your kindness, sweetness and incredible spirit makes for a wonderful combination. You are a great speaker and the Lord really blesses you with His Spirit, we are very blessed to have you as part of our lives right now! More thumbs up for you!

Cami said...

You did AWESOME! At least, what I heard of it between controlling our chillens.

Tam said...

Aw, too bad I didn't get to see it. I'm sure you did great. Hope your'e feeling good. :)

Christie said...

I am SO sad that I missed it. Katie had Roseola, and even though she was no longer contagious she didn't look good. :-) Brent said it was fabulous. He rarely comments on the speakers in church, but he really enjoyed this meeting. You should post the talk. :-)

Anonymous said...

I was so inspired by your talk to get busy. And your smiles and enthusiasm are so contagious...love you!

Jenni said...

Your talk was GREAT!! I totally heard most of it because 2 of my children were actually listening!! That's a feat - good job!!:)

Mendy said...

I missed it--I was at the pediatrician with a strep throat child. Bummer! I will tell you thanks for accepting the invitation to speak. It stresses my Michael out more than anyone could know to have to ask people to do the talks and prayers. He'd rather just do the talks himself. Anyway, thanks for doing it!