Friday, March 07, 2008

Ward Talent Show (better late than never)

My dad picked me up a Ukuleilei while he was in Hawaii last year and it is pretty darn fun to play. So I thought it would be fun to do a little ditty for the show. A little weezer "island in the sun" to bring thoughts of warmer places...
Due to the size of the Uku, Logan thinks that it should be his, so when we are at home I let him strum for me. When I got up on stage to play he ran up after me and played a little "air guitar" to back me up. What a good kid.
Act two was this wonderful remake of a music video, you can see it in living color on Cami's blog. It was pretty funny, I didn't have a clue what I was doing cause it was only my second time doing it, so I kept looking to Jake to se what he was doing. I was wearing these women't hip hugging sweats over my pants and felt pretty silly...
Classic, what else can I say?
Act 3, the Rock Band performance by "The Weezies" I don't know who came up with our cool band name but it was sure fun. We played two songs, "last train to clarksville" by the Monkeys and "Buddy Holly" by Weezer. I think it turned out pretty good. I hope we can throw something together for the next show...
That is Jake Turpin on the guitar, Brent Wall at the Drums, Lincoln Tidwell on the bass, and me singing, or at least trying too...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man, I'm sorry we missed that. Kel loves weezer and would have joined you in a second.

Tracy said...

Holy cow, I didn't realize your hubby was in every single show that night! What a talent. My girls still sing "Love you tender" daily.

Christie said...

These acts were great! I liked your Ukulele playing.... Brent has one too, maybe next time you'll have to do a duet!

Cami said...

You guys were AWESOME! And don't worry about those pants, Jake's look pink! And oh how I liked that I was often in the dark on our video, and now you have these well-lit pictures! Oh dear.