Monday, May 19, 2008

She's finally here!!!

Sunday night at around 9:30, Amber started having pretty strong contractions. We started timing them. The first two were 10 minutes apart, the next two were 5 minutes apart and then for the hour leading up to leaving for the hospital, they were coming pretty strong every 3 minutes or so. We called up the doctor on call, and she told us she would meet us at the hospital. So we headed out. Our good friend Bernadette came over and spent the night at the house with Logan. Thanks so much for doing that for us!!!
We reached the hospital around 11:00 p.m. We had to enter through the Emergency room and walking from there up to labor and delivery took about 25 minutes. Once we got there, they informed us that about 10 other women had come in before us and that they were looking for a nurse to work with us. It was so frustrating to see Amber in pain and hearing the nurses saying stuff like, "I don't want to take her." or, "Sorry you will have to find someone else..." Finally the sent us to a delivery room to wait while they found a nurse.
Finally our nurse came. She did an exam on Amber and found that she was fully dilated. At that point, the nurses were kind of spazzing out. Amber was Strep B positive so they were busy trying to get the antibiotic going. Amber then asked the nurse, " Is an epidural out of the question?" the nurse said that things were progressing too fast and that as soon as the doctor arrived they were going to deliver Addy.
The staff Dr. came in and did an exam and Amber told him to go ahead and start. He broke her water right as our Dr. came in. That was about 11:45 pm.
15 minutes of pushing later, and enduring the "ring of fire" and little Addysen Bri was safely out and in Amber's arms. She was born May 18 at 11:53 pm. 8lbs 3oz 19.25 inches.
Both mom and baby are doing great and we are excited for Logan to go and see her. Amber's mom is flying in today. My mom is in town and will be stopping by tonight.

23 comments:

Brett and Meredith said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Way to go, Amber...I can speak from experience that no epidurals are no fun, but a very cool experience in the same way. We are so happy for you guys. She is so beautiful and we can't believe all that hair! How darling!

Camren and Tiffany said...

Yea!!! I am glad you put pictures up I have been checking all day!! What a cutie! I bet Logan is going to be so excited We are excited to see little addy in a couple of weeks! Congratulations!! tiff

Harding Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Harding Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Harding Family said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys! She is so cute and I can't believe all that hair! I can't wait to see her in a couple weeks and Jaxon is really excited to see Logan. He always asks to see Logan on the computer so he will be happy to see him in person! Congratulations!

Rick said...

Oh!!!!! She is SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
Amber you are AMAZING. Sounds like the whole hospital experience was rough, I'm sorry you had to go through that! Wow no epideral! Good job! Oh my gosh I can't get over how cute she is and that hair! love it! Congratulations you guys, give little Addy a kiss for me! Love, Kendra (in Canada)

Cami said...

BWAAAA! Yay! You did it!! I hope they got the antibiotics going in time. She was a big baby! She also has millions of hair. Holy cow. She is just beautiful and I can't wait to see her!!! Congrats!!

Texan 2x2 said...

Wow! What vibes.... I kept thinking about you guys yesterday, and finally checked the blog today, and here she is!!

Congratulations!!! And congratulations to Amber (and Spencer) for not losing their minds in the hospital!! I, too, had Alli w/o epidural (no time)---- and, in comparison, sure don't need to ever do that again!!! No Medals for Valor are required to bring your baby home, that's what I say!

Sweet little girl with lots of dark hair-- love it. Do you think it will thin out and turn blonde? Until then, enjoy actually using a COMB and may be even bows/barrettes!! A Cottrell newborn luxury, indeed!

Again, Great News. Enjoy your fun family.

Jason & Claire said...

She is BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations! I'm so sorry you didn't get an epidural. I have been there and I'm glad that memory is fading! What a trooper you are. Congrats!

Christie said...

OH!! She is beautiful... look at all her pretty hair! Congratulations you guys! I am so glad she is here safely.

Dan and Julianna said...

Congrats you guys. She is adorable. Nice job getting pics up so quick.

Tracy said...

That gorgeous hair!!! Where are her bows? You know Mendy would've had her hair styled with all the accessories by now. She is so cute and you look great. My girls ooo'd and ahh'd over the pics. Congrats! What a blessing.

Corinne said...

Fantastic and WONDERFUL news! I am so thrilled for your family. She is lovely and perfect in every way. I love that she came on her own terms. What a darling. Can't wait to talk with you about it all and take some pictures of that precious one :)

Kellie said...

Congratulations to you all! She is just amazing and I join the ranks of Addy's fans even before meeting her. Let me know if I can help with Logan in any way!

Jenni said...

Congrats!! I can't believe her hair - wow!! She is just beautiful!! Way to go Amber with the o-natural birth - I didn't get to have a epideral with Nina so I completely understand the "ring of fire" part! Can't wait to meet cute little Addy!!

Jann said...

She is just beautiful. Man, what a birth story. I am glad she is here safely and all is well.

The Spiveys said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!! That's so exciting!!!!! And look at all that dark hair!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, so glad to hear that she is here safely. And yes, another comment about the hair, cute, cute! Lucky you!

The Fam said...

Congratulations guys! She is such a cutie and I love all the hair! Way to survive the hospital experience!

Alyson said...

She is so beautiful! Amber, she looks exactly like you! (with spencer's birth mark!) WOW! I am so excited to meet her! :) We sure love you guys!

Deb said...

congratulations! that is so exciting! she was quick, too! i'm so glad you made it to the hospital and found a room in time. :) she's just adorable. love those chubby little cheeks!

Vyanca said...

My son Chaiz's bday is May 18 2006!!I'm so happy for you to have a beautiful little girl who looks just like her mommy.

Bank On It said...

Hi Amber-sorry I'm a little late (I just found your blog) but congratulations! She's adorable.