Monday, December 23, 2013

Sleeping by the tree 2013

 One of our Christmas traditions is to sleep out by the tree.  This year we decided not to use the inflatable mattress.  Instead we just pulled our mattress from our bed into the room.  It was the most comfortable night we have had in front of the tree.
 The tree looked good all lit up.
 Ever since I was a kid, I have loved Christmas lights.  I loved it when my dad got out all of the lights for our tree and plugged them in.  especially the old outdoor large bulb lights.  They put off heat and would always get me so excited for Christmas.  One year my dad got me and my siblings each a small fake plastic tree with our own string of lights to decorate it with.  I loved the lights so much that after Christmas, I put the lights up in my room for year-round holiday lighting.  So many good memories.
 We didn't get the entire Christmas Lego village done but there is still some time left.
 The movie choices this year were Logan's favorite: Home Alone.  And mom's favorite: Elf.
 Sadie nuzzled up to mom and me in our bed.
Merry Christmas!

No comments: