Sunday, November 25, 2007

Up with the tree

Last year we bought a plastic tree from Costco and weren't too impressed so this year we decided to go back to "our roots" by getting a real tree! The Turpins pointed us in the direction of Home Depot and we found a winner, for a great price too. The drill bit to put a hole in the thing almost cost more than the tree... I thought I drilled a straight hole, maybe the tree grew off the edge of a cliff or something, if you look at the picture you can see I had to wedge a few game cases under the stand to make it look okay.
Next came the lights, logan was a big help making sure that the line didn't get tangled up. For those of you who have never seen a "Cottrell Tree" it is kind of a mix between a bonfire and burning bush. We just cut off the, "for external use only" stickers off the lights and get to work. I have great memories of putting lights on at Grandma's house as well as mom and dad's, it really gets me into the Christmas holidays. We put on some B-B-B-Bing and some Jonny Mathis and went to town.
Once we were done with the lights we put up our ornaments and Logan spent the entire night finding the perfect spot for "Kachow" a.k.a. Lightning McQueen.
There's the spot!
Welcome to our winter wonderland!

4 comments:

Jann said...

Your tree looks wonderful. We were not happy with our costco tree either. We got rid of ours last year, and now we are not sure what we shall do. I can't do the real tree, I'm allergic to them. We used to cut down our own every year, then one year, every time I went in the room, I broke out in hives. Terrible.

Cami said...

Ooooh, multimedia holiday! I think your tree looks GREAT! It definitely looks like it takes up less room then our ginormo one. Looks beautiful!

The Spiveys said...

Couldn't help but notice the new TV. Fancy :) The tree looks great!

Jeri said...

I laughed at the game cases! If your house is like ours, it seems that those multiply during the night.

Love your ornaments! I am jealous, we have all matching ones. =(