Saturday, October 04, 2008

Love Conference!

Amber posted:
I just had to write a quick note and say how thankful I am for General Conference. I really love this weekend of sitting at home feeling the spirit and a love for the gospel. I love getting that boost that I can do better. The new resolve to take away from the talks and try harder. I am so happy to belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am so glad that I had the gospel to help me become who I am today. I appreciate the knowledge it gives me when I am trying to raise good kids. I love belonging to something so wonderful. I appreciate that I know I have a Heavenly Father to turn to and talk to. I know I am not perfect but each day I can try a little harder and I know I can be forgiven when I make mistakes. I am thankful that we know and believe we have a modern day prophet and apostles to guide us. It only makes sense to me that He wouldn't leave us all alone to lead ourselves. It makes me want everyone to have what I have. I know I drive my friends crazy talking to them about church and trying to convert them. Bern is starting to count on a daily basis. :-)(I hope they will always love me for ME! It has been a fun joke.) But the only reason I talk about it is because I love her and I love her family. I want them to have the joy and happiness the gospel brings me. I know it isn't always easy but every sacrifice is worth it. Just feeling the joy and peace the gospel brings me and I wanted to share. Good Day! Excited for tomorrow.

1 comment:

Christie said...

Amber, I enjoyed your testimony. I feel the same way as you do! I wish i would tell my friends more like you do. I want the world to know what a good thing we have going here. :-) HUGS