Monday, August 31, 2009

Allen, Dana, & Judd in Korea

Amber Posted:

Dad checking out the XXL shorts in Namdaemun, we all laughed because they weren't that big.
We ride our bikes to the 7 eleven and get banana milk and milkis. This is one of Logan's favorite activities to do so we had to take Grandma & Grandpa. Dad really loved this drink can you tell? Mom said it tasted like "dirty carbonated milk" (It's pretty good actually. :-))
Check out the little bananas in the tree......I think they made my Dad go bananas. We were hot can you tell? (Cheju)
I love this picture. Mom, Logan & Judd looking out over a river in Miryang, it was really pretty.
I wish I had Judd here to tell me what the name of the temple is but I don't. Anyhow we had a great time here and enjoyed its peaceful, quiet, beauty. I do know this was in Miryang.
Dad & Logan loved these swings outside a nice restaurant in Miryang.
Our traditional Korean meal in which we all had some firsts. Man did we have a lot of firsts on this trip with Judd. This meal is was RAW HAMBURGER......no we didn't know it all the time. Mom & Dad got pretty good with chopsticks. Dad does better with his left hand and he is right handed, so that was funny. He said "Judd taught me left handed".
Mom was the best with all the food she made up for me and Dad at times. If you can see there is a bowl in front of us it has little whole crabs that about pushed us over the edge when they brought it out. Luckily we didn't have to eat that. But everything else we gave it a try. I told Judd the lettuce on the right....tasted like celery, he said "That is what God does for you." :-)
Cheju oh how we miss you! Elder Asay, Mom & Dad in front of the falls. Good times, man these pictures sure make me miss them too.
Dad I think you look so handsome in this picture. This was such a gorgeous place on the island.
What a good looking couple. Thanks for your sacrifice to come and pick up Judd and see us. We loved having you all here. We have great memories and did so many fun things we really appreciate you both.
Judd, you will need to fill in for me but this was in Daegu and is the tallest Buddha pretty incredible. Korea is so pretty when you get out of the city. We walked a lot on this trip and we had so many stairs from this place. We wondered if it would be worth it and it sure was.
Mom you look cute with your cheesy grin. We love you all! Thanks again for coming to Korea.

4 comments:

Renee said...

Wow, what a visit! How fun to have them there? Are you coming home for the holidays? I bet you were thrilled to have company. Looks like you are truly having an amazing adventure...can't think of anyone who could handle it better! :)

Jann said...

What fun. What a beautiful place you are living in.

Camrin said...

You are so lucky to have your parents come visit. Looks so pretty there! :)

Garner Family said...

WOW!! I finally got caught up on your blog..you have been very busy!! Camp Humphrey's is where Zack was stationed for most of the time he was in Korea. Your apt looks so nice. Is that granite in the kitchen =) I can't believe Logan is going off the diving board already. He is so funny. Glad you survived the bus ride home.