Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Water Park & Bus Ride Adventures

Amber posted:

This might be more information than most of you want but for my mommy memories I want to write it down. Plus it was funny and pretty unbelievable for me.

Yesterday we went to a water park here in Korea with my new friend Hope and her two daughters Amber and Taylor. We took the 8:00 bus from Yongsan to get to Humphreys. It is a 2 hour bus ride and the kids did great. The water park was a blast. Logan loved everything and could have lived there all summer I wish we lived a little closer. Next year it will be something we do a lot. He dived off the diving board 6 times and after watching a little boy do a flip he tried it. Logan is so awesome he dove in 3 times did so good but the last flip attempt he landed flat on his back.....he was hurting from that. He went down the water slides so so many times. He really loves the water and loved spending all day there. Addysen was super cute splashing in the water and going down the slides with me. This is one of those trips I usually don't take alone and we wish Spencer could have come he is a fish too and would have loved it. It was sad to leave the water park but by 3:30 Logan was wasted he never would have admitted it but he was tired.

Now for the crazy times.....we all go potty before getting on the bus. 10 minutes into our 2 1/2 hour bus ride home Addy went potty a ton so I changed her. Then another 10 minutes go by and Addy "makes a snake" (This is Logan's term for going #2). So it is smelling up the whole bus I change her. Not long after I get Addysen situated Logan says "mommy I need to make a snake." I am dying, what do I do?? Buses don't wait for anyone or stop for anything. So I put a diaper on my 4 year old. He says mommy I am not a baby I can't do it. I am like, "Logan are you sure?? If you go in your pants we have no other clothes". We get him dressed again. Then 20 minutes pass and he says mommy I need to go potty I am thinking he has to go #2 or else I would have done the whole pee in a bottle but nope....I put a diaper back on. He is sitting on my lap half way and then I feel the warmth!! Now I am dying by this point because I know exactly what happened. The diaper couldn't hold it so now my leg is drenched and the bus seat...I clean him up luckily his clothes are still dry. Wipe him and he is dying, laughing, "Mommy I am not a baby." I was laughing too... I think to keep from crying. Hope had some paper towels and I used some wipes we got it all cleaned up. My wallet is wet and so am I and all I kept thinking was thank goodness he has had a lot of Gatorade to drink today cause it was diluted. :-) Then yes, it gets worse... or better depending on whether you are thinking of the situation or of the unforgettable story. More time passes and Logan says "mommy I have to make a snake I can't hold it anymore." Poor kid! So Hope says she has a bag. I then proceeded to put Logan's legs through the handles on each side and told him to hold up the front... I held up the back. The bus ride was crazy, and we were bouncing all over so just try to imagine me, my two kids one of whom is in the back of a bus trying to poop in a sack. I am holding him and he goes #2 then says mommy I need to go pee too.....so he does it the whole time I'm hoping this sack doesn't have any holes or else I will be wearing it AGAIN. Luckily there were no breaches and we did okay. I am so embarrassed to even be admitting this but that is what happened.

We finally arrived at Yongsan, which is about 10 minutes away from our home and Hope says, "WOW that was an eventful ride home... it sure helped time go fast." We both laughed about how nothing else could have gone wrong.....seconds later Hope's daughter Taylor (that just moved to sit with her mom) says, "Mommy I think I am going to throw up." Oh... I freaked out, and frantically began looking for a bag. I found one and opened it but before I could hand it to her she had vomited up the isle of the bus. Then another bunch in the bag. The smell in a closed up bus was horrific, you get my drift...we opened the windows while Hope wipes poor Taylor up and cleans the floor trying not to loose it herself. (She definitely deserves an award.) We were dying laughing seriously could it have gotten any worse. We were happy to have our feet on the ground and get home to bed! It was a fun, crazy day! Glad I had Hope there to laugh with me. (I promise none of the is exaggerated I wish we would have had a video camera on the whole time.)

The life of a MOMMY!

13 comments:

Jann said...

Wow, what a nightmare. You ladies handled the entire thing so well. I am impressed that you could laugh about the whole thing. That is definitely one for the history books.

Renee said...

A two hour bus ride would be the last of me! What an adventure and what a dang cool mom you are! I am so impressed with your creativity...made me laugh!

Danielle said...

That is quite the story. You'll remember that bus ride forever, Thanks for the good laugh!!!!

Unknown said...

That is a great story. It could happen to anyone--except I am sure being in Korea complicated the entire situation. I helped a friend do preschool once and all 5 of the kids there pooped within 5 minutes of each other. It was out of control. We had to bathe two of them and call the mom of one. We had to laugh so we didnt' cry. You are so brave! I bet your husband loved hearing this story at the end of the day. And loved that he wasn't on that bus.

Christie said...

NO FREAKING WAY!!! I can't believe it, any of it!!! LOL What a story... unlike any I've heard before. You rival my sisters 3 kids barfing all over themselves all on the same flight and then laying on luggage at a layover, trying to rest while their plane was delayed. :-( Actually, I think you win, no rivalry... you win, hands down!!

Mommy of the year award goes to AMBER!!!

The Fam said...

Oh my gosh Amber, you had me laughing so hard! That beats all the weird places I have had to nurse, change diapers, and the many accidents in between to shame. I loved the bag and hoping it doesn't have holes. You poor thing, but what a great story to share for a long time.... gotta love it :)

Stuart Humes said...

You win! I have no story that even comes close to that. However, next time my toddler pees his pants in the privacy of my own home, I will have to laugh and just be glad that we aren't on a bus in Korea. YOu are so brave!

audreyspencer said...

I second Heather! I have no stories that even come close...I will think about you when Sidnee has to go the bathroom in a parking lot again though!

Corinne said...

OH MY WORD AMBER!! AHH!! Seriously, YOU win the mother of the year award. Nice job thinking on your feet - and that water park sounds so fun!

Donna said...

Amber,
Dana just brought us in to view your blog. All I can say is I'm glad it was you and not me! Grandpa and I laughed hysterically as we read your adventure and it brought back a few memories of our own(not in as public a place though!)--but we weren't laughing quite as much then as we were now as we read about your experience!! Love you lots and miss you terribly. Buena suerte, alli! Gma & Gpa Brady

Donna said...

I laugh hysterically every time I read this! I just get this picture in my mind of Logan standing there with his legs through the handles of the sack doing his 'duty'and it just brings me to tears from laughing so hard! I second and third the comments posted thus far about your creativity--I honestly don't think I would have ever thought to do that! Kudos to you and Hope--and here's 'hoping' you don't ever have a repeat! And, I'm surprised no one yet has asked, 'what you did with the bag'? teehee!!! =) Love you, Mom

Cami said...

Oh MY goodness, that bus ride sounds like the worst ever. I can tell you just took it all as matter-of-fact and dealt with it perfectly. I would have been bawling. You are awesome.

OUR HOUSE said...

Thanks for linking me to your blog Amber. It's been so fun getting to know you better, and reading about your adventures in Korea so far. You've given me some ideas of places to go (by the way, Seoul Grand Park is definitely a place we can go without hubbies, no problem). This post made me laugh sooooo hard, picturing Logan in the sack. Major props to Logan for being willing to do that. I think my kids would have refused. But actually, I don't think I would have been creative enough to think of that anyway. Fabulous idea. Fabulous mom!