Sunday, November 29, 2009

Cottrell Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! We missed our family and friends but had a enjoyable time here in Korea. On the actually Thanksgiving day we went to the Bartlett's. We had good food and enjoyed having 4 Missionaries with us. It was neat to see the excitement of the 2 American Elders. They were so happy to have American food. I think the 2 Korean Elders thought we were all crazy. At one point one of the American Elders said "See Elder now you know how I feel everyday." We had our own little Thanksgiving the Saturday before. It was awesome, we love having our own little family. The turkey was actually tender and everyone was pleased. This picture above of Addy makes me laugh...."WHERE IS MY FOOD?" And of course Logan with his Korean peace sign.
Spencer always enjoys the legs.
We were all in cozy clothes. It was nice to be comfy. :-) Expandable waists are always a plus at Thanksgiving.

Spencer was so happy with the results.
The best part of our Thanksgiving was our homemade pies. I got this new pie crust recipe from Amanda and it was easy and delicious. The even better part was we ate pie before dinner. We couldn't resist. It was a good order we might have to do this every year.
Raspberry and Blackberry pie for Spencer.
Apple pie for Logan. Grandma Pauleen gave us this book called The Blueberry Pie Elf. It is really cute and makes you want pie. Logan the morning before Thanksgiving first words out of his mouth....
Logan: "Mom do we have apples?"
Mom: "Yes, why?"
Logan: "So we can make an apple pie. How many do we have?"
Mom: "I don't know."
Logan: "Okay, I will go check" (goes and checks) "5 apples mom is that enough?"
Mom: "Yes."
Logan: "Do we have a rolling pin, and an oven to put it in?"

It was so cute I had to make him his own apple pie.
Addysen was excited to help out.

I am so thankful for this opportunity to be in Korea. We are having so many wonderful experiences. It was a different Thanksgiving but one we will never forget. I do have to admit when my family stayed up until 2 am playing card games I was lonesome. :-) And the Cottrell family was all together. Those are the times when it is hard. It was so nice to have more time with Spencer and we have our Christmas decorations all up. I love this time of year. I love being together and making traditions and memories that last forever.

3 comments:

Becca said...

It's great your family is able to have so many awesome experiences (even though it can be tough being away from extended family, I really think it makes your little family so much stronger).

I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving and I'm very impressed with your turkey!

Cami said...

Fun Thanksgiving! So great. We missed you guys though. :) Glad you got to give those Korean elders a taste of America.

Camren and Tiffany said...

We missed you guys for Thanksgiving too.