Saturday, August 04, 2007

Judd's Temple Night


Posted by Amber:
This was a really special night for me to be in New Mexico. I am so glad I had the opportunity to go to the temple with my little bro Judd. I just love this kid and can't believe he is growing up on me so fast. Well we had a babysitter all lined up and my mom went to get her and I went upstairs to get my temple recommend out of my wallet and yes you guessed it I didn't have it. I started balling. I was so sad. I couldn't believe that I left it with Spencer in Hawaii. I was just so devastated..... My mom gets home with this young girl I have never met and I greet them with a face full of tears. Good ol' mom says Amber we will get this figured out call your bishop, I didn't have his number on me so I called Cami and thank goodness she was sweet and her and Jake gave me Bishop's number and our Stake President. I called both of them and neither one of them answered. We decided I was going and we would just see what happened once we got there. I was having so many feelings on my way to the temple. Frustrated with my own stupidity for not remembering to get it. Sadness to know that I was worthy and had just been to the temple a week before in Hawaii and wanting so bad to be there with my family and brother. Sad that they wouldn't just look at me and see that I am a nice girl (I know they can't do that but I was sure hoping.) Well aren't we so grateful for our mothers, I know I am. We pull into this beautiful temple and mom says lets stop and say a pray and ask for help. Okay what a great idea. So my mom said a sweet prayer and then into the temple we went. The front desk guy called for one of the temple presidency counselors and he came down we told him the situation and he looked at me with a tad bit of disappointment that I didn't have my recommend and said I will have to get a hold of your bishop or stake president so wait here and I will go try. Oh my heart sank I was so worried. I held up pretty well until mom left and I sat there all alone and the minutes slowly ticked away. It was probably 15-20 minutes but felt like an hour and no word and the session was supposed to be starting and I just broke down sobbing. I thought to myself I wonder if people who make mistakes and aren't able to attend the temple if this is the sorrow they feel? It was awful, knowing my family was inside but I couldn't be........ Then a nice lady came and sat by me and talked to me and helped me relax. She said he was still trying and they were holding the session for me. Long story still long he was able to get a hold of Bishop Nuss and bless his soul he said I could enter into the house of the Lord. I was one happy daughter of God. And I know he knew the real desires of my heart and I was so blessed that the Bishop answered his phone. Also very grateful for a temple who was accommodating and understood that I wanted to have this special experience. It turned out wonderful and it really made me think how special it is to be a worthy temple recommend holder. I am so happy to have the knowledge of the gospel that I do. It also really made me want to always try harder to be a good person and follow the commandments so one day I am not the only one in my family left out of Gods presence. The spirit was strong and it was a great feeling to be there with Judd who has lived such a wonderful worthy life. He is one special son of God. He knows who he is and he has worked hard to be where he is today. I am so proud of him and happy that he is being such a good example to my little boy. Plus going to Spencers mission what a cool thing. Anyhow we all went to dinner afterwards and it was so fun. Judd you are great. I love you buddy.

2 comments:

Chris and Chelz said...

hey! judd looks good. well, i am glad that you started your page and talked me into it. i have had a lot of fun building it and chris is so excited about it as well. i didnt think he would get that excited, but he was up at 7 am this morning adding more things! well, we miss you. logan's hair is getting lighter it looks like!

-chelz

Cami said...

I'm so glad everything worked out! How very frustrating--and you HAD been prepared and everything. It will make it all the more special that you were there.