Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Look Mommy!



Amber Posted:
So I don't even know if me writing this story will do it justice but I have to try. I was putting clothes in the dryer and saw Logan over playing with his cars. He came in and kept motioning with his hand for me to come or so I thought that was what he was saying. I said "just a minute go play and I will be right there". A second later he is back again "uh, uh" which means come on......Well he was being pretty persistent ant but I didn't pay much attention. Finally he decided if she isn't going to come to me I guess I will bring it to her. He brought me the wet wipes container in which we keep the little cars. I figured he just couldn't get a car out because the lid was on. I about put my hand down in there to get the car out and all I see is this huge spider wiggling his legs so fast I screamed and threw it onto the floor. I about had a heart attack. I absolutely hate spiders and I just wasn't expecting the spider so it made it that much worse. Poor kid about died thought he was in trouble or something. I had to try to cover up and told him he was so great to bring it to mommy. He then got on the floor and did the same hand motion he was doing in the air. It was like a spider crawling on the floor.... duh.....come on mom. He was so cute like mom I tried telling you. I asked him if he touched it he said yes but who knows!! I have probably made him afraid of spiders which I didn't mean to do. I hope not but man I was surprised. I wasn't about to flip it over and kill it so we put a shoe on it so we could show daddy. Spencer gets home and he is laughing at my story and says oh the spider wasn't that big, but it sure was big enough for me. Not to mention this is probably the 2nd spider we have ever seen in our apartment it just shocked me I guess. Little Logan what a big helper. It kinda made me think that Heavenly Father probably feels like that with us when he is trying to tell us something but we are to busy to stop and listen!!

8 comments:

Tracy said...

EWWW! YUCK! I hate when boys say it's not a big spider. Yes, it is. I've seen those in our house and freak out. I have been known to leave spiders under cups for hours or days until Chris returns. Or I spray them with Windex or whatever cleaner I have around to slow them down, then I make Alec pick them up and throw them in the toilet. I guess next time Logan wants you, you'll pay attention!

Cami said...

Ha! That was like the time Jeffy tried to tell me there was a snake in my house and I didn't believe him. I recognize that kind of spider. They are yucky and pretty big. That would be a shocking way to see one. I like your spirit analogy.

Jenni said...

I would have FREAKED!! I am a spider-phob and seeing one in a container I just grabbed... Scary. It's so cute how he was trying to explain it to you - what a cute guy!! :)

Corinne said...

Yeah - I have NO spider love. You're a good mommy :)

Brenda said...

Very cute story. I hate spiders!! I too, wait for Brian to get home and sometimes I try to be brave in front of my girls so I get a big big shoe and hit it with all my might!!

Jann said...

Oh man, I hate spiders too. James and I laughed our heads off when we saw a spider vacuum at costco. I am not kidding, to was about $30, and I totally wanted to buy it. It sucked up the spider, and supposedly killed it at the same time.

Mendy said...

How sweet that he brought it to you! I think that is so cute. You didn't get what he was saying so he communicated it more clearly. What a good boy.

Anonymous said...

Amber that is funny. You are so good at turning things into learning moments. I wish I was better at it so I could teach my students more.
Joce