Wednesday, July 14, 2010

War Memorial Adventure with Jocey

I know this picture is strange but I have a good story to go with it. We were walking all around the War Memorial and we were surprised to see so many police and also men in suits with ear pieces strolling along. I mentioned to Jocey that it wasn't normally so heavily guarded. Then we passed this man on a bench if you look you will see him sitting with his legs crossed. He has an earpiece in also....really undercover :-). Later we were standing around eating crackers and Addy was trying out Logans scooter when all of a sudden a man in a suit picks Addy up and hands her back to me. We all moved out of the way and a whole caravan of people and cars showed up. Come to find out it was the President of Turkey who had arrived. It was a bit creepy I kept waiting for a sniper...I felt like we shouldn't have been there. (I wonder if they didn't know how to tell the crazy American's with kids to go home!) It was a fun adventure!


This scooter was the best purchase ever! We have even had to replace the wheels because he rides it so much. It sure has been a lifesaver for me here in Korea.

Addy loves her "Henry".

The kids both loved taking turns in the drivers seat.




Seoul Tower in the background we hiked that the last Saturday Jocey was here with us....pictures will soon follow.
Give me your tiger face!



I really love Korea and am so glad Jocey was able to visit us and see all the neat places we go to. Look how pretty the trees are....too bad you can't tell how hot, humid and sweaty we are.
Logan is so helpful and loving. He was super excited to help Addy up these big stairs. We really love visiting this memorial. It is cool and so close to home. aka....no traffic!

1 comment:

Renee said...

Wow, you are one adventurous woman! Looks like a great outing...keep the posts coming! I love seeing all the fun things you are doing. Your kids are growing too fast! :)