Friday, January 29, 2010

Knitted Hats

My friend Felicity started to teach me to knit last year about a month or two before moving to Korea. I figured without her I would never be able to continue on and keep it up. I got to Korea and met a great friend Kathryn that is an amazing knitter and so helpful like Felicity was. She has helped me learn so many new things. I am so glad that I have the knitting market here in Korea called Dongdaemun. A floor of this huge building is full of yarn. I will take a picture one of these times I go. Not only is it just yarn it's the softest, greatest yarn you could ever imagine! We have a knitting group that comes to my house every Wednesday and they have become some of my greatest friends in Korea. The kids have fun playing and we have fun talking and knitting. We are all learning and teaching each other new things we learn. I enjoy having an activity that keeps my hands and mind busy. Many of you know my mind never stops. I always feel like there is more cleaning that can be done so at night I enjoy having this to keep me busy. While here in Korea we don't have TV so Spencer plays his XBOX and I will knit and we listen to Audio books. It has been so awesome, we are on Harry Potter #5. We love the books and enjoy hearing them together. This will be a great memory I always have of our time here.
So here is a picture of almost all the hats I've made. Spencer & Logan both have one that I didn't get in this shot. I think that puts my hat count up to 17 . I hope people get to enjoy these hats that I have made with LOVE!! By doing this it has helped me realize how much I love creating things for others. It makes me happy and I hope that the hats fit somebody!

8 comments:

mira said...

I've never been able to find the yarn in Dongdaemun! Next time I go you'll have to take me! Btw you should get a ravelry account if you don't have one already. A great place for other knitting ideas and patterns! (ravelry.com, my user id is mirafl)

Cami said...

They are so great!! I wish I had your skills, and one of those hats. :) Good times!

Corinne said...

holy COW!! Fantastic!! Seriously, I'm impressed :)I know some boys that would love the pirate ones :)

Unknown said...

I took a knitting class a few years ago and I got nowhere. I am so jealous. I would love to know how to make these hats. You'll have to teach me when you get back. I love the skull ones. So cute! I also LOVE the ads! What a little pro!

Kim said...

Wow! Amber those are beautiful - like something you would find in a store. I'm so impressed.

I have to ask: Are you guys going to wear the pirate hats in Disneyland? ;)

felicity & nathaniel said...

sha-zam! Look at you, you knitting woman! That's amazing! You should look up other patterns to knit onto the hats (though, of course, I *Love* the pirate pattern).
I miss knitting with you! those hats in the wavy/lace pattern turned out adorable! I like how you added ribbing to the bottom of the purple one. You're a pro now! Watch out!

Becca said...

seriously impressive! nice job!

The Fam said...

Amber those hats look fantastic! I am so impressed, and still super jealous of the skull ones. I need to learn how to knit!!