Thursday, April 12, 2007

Mission Update

I try to update David's page once a week. I just wanted to put a little something up on our page as well. It has been almost half a year since David left on his mission to Cuiaba Brazil. We were on our way out here to Maryland when he got his call and so I think our experience with him being gone is a little different than it has been for the folks at home. With the new rules, we get to email him every week, so it is kind of like he is in Utah still (minus the phone calls). I am 8 years older than David so it is kind of trippy to think about him being on his mission. That means I am getting old. He seems to be happy and doing well. We miss him often, especially having him over to the apartment to play games and watch movies. When we were still in Orem, he spent many nights sleeping on our couch so that he could stay up late playing with us. We also miss his humor and his eagerness to help out. I feel like I am writing about him as if he were dead... So let me just say that we really do feel the blessings of his service in our home and our family. We are inspired to be better examples and better people. We will be happy for him to come home!

2 comments:

Cami said...

I feel that way about my bro on a mission too. We talked on the phone about once a month, and maybe every 2 years he came to visit, so really, there's not that much difference. I'm a slacker at emailing him though, so I'm even less in touch! Still miss him though. Good luck to him!

Jann said...

It is so exciting to have a family member on a mission. Ryan's brother is on a mission right now, and I have a niece, and another nephew out. It is always so exciting to see how much they change on their missions.