Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Addysen in Korea

Addysen & Mommy we are together a lot :-)
She thought it was super fun to play with the chopsticks.
Addy, loved reading books with Grandpa. She actually says his name "Grpapa" it is precious. She still talks about him every picture she sees and wants to talk to him on the phone. It is amazing to me that she really knows him and loves him.
She is checking herself out. Looking good sweet thing!
She was getting Uncle Judd! She harassed him like she does Logan. It was cute they sat together and played with blocks. He would also swing her upside down she loved it. We miss our buddy.
This is a picture I see almost daily. This girl loves books!! I will find her like this a lot and she will just be jabbering while she flips the pages. At night before bed she runs in to find which books she wants to read. Her little feet going pitter patter on the wood floors (I love the sound) and she brings me a book we read it and then she goes back for more. She would read all day long if I could.
We call this her kimchi squat. She is drinking strawberry milk she picks that or banana milk for her special treat.
How this girl loves her food and she knows what she wants. In Kore they have this red bag full of these Buggel looking chips. She gets so excited when she sees the bag.
Her favorite horsey ride....since Grandma Pauleen isn't here to give her one.
That smile I love!
You can imagine now our table we sit at while we enjoy our snacks on our walks.
Addysen loves to find her own little seats. Everywhere we went on our trip she would find her own step, or rock, ledge anything just the right size to sit on. Then she stands in front of it and backs up it is so funny.
Addysen meeting Judd for the first time. This was the day we picked Judd up and we went to a pretty Temple in Pusan.
Addy was born the year of the Rat.
Addysen brings a joy and happiness to this family that makes me smile just talking about her. She is something else. This girl has a strong spirit and a mind of her own. She is eating with a fork and spoon doing things all by herself. I think Logan would still love for me to feed him but not this one.

On our journey with my family my parents were able to see how much my children get mauled. Especially Addysen at one point when a man came and took Addy from my mom and was showing her off to all his family my Dad was going crazy. "He asked Judd when it was just too much?" The Korean people can't get enough of her. I think it must be bad luck for them if they don't touch her when they see her. She is very popular to say the least. My Dad even joked what would they think if I kept touching there babies hair, body etc. So I dared him and he tried it out he touched a cute little girls hair with maybe two fingers and they looked at us a little strange. Fun times and so many great memories.

10 comments:

Jann said...

These pictures are darling. I can't imagine having people touch my baby. That would freak me out a bit.

The Spiveys said...

Sophie has the same purple polka dot butterfly dress. Amber, we have the same good taste in our kids' clothes ;) When my mom went to Korea complete strangers would touch her blonde hair everywhere she went. She would be standing in an elevator and people would start stroking her head!!

Danielle said...

She is just adorable!! It's so fun to have kids the same age!! The Mason and Addy age is such a blast! I love all the pictures, keep 'em coming!!

Amy said...

How fun that you are able to have so many cool things to go and see and do. Are you liking Korea???

audreyspencer said...

Cute pictures. What a beautiful place. Hope things are going well for you guys.

Benjamin said...

Wow! She sure is cute! What a little sugar face! After our phone conversation I thought I would write something just to impress you guys. And even though I don't care I figure I would pretend I do.

Jason, Kiersten, Jace, and Livi Bree said...

That is so great you got to pick up Judd from his mission. Your kids are sooo cute.

Stuart Humes said...

That is funny about your kids and the eating, because Preston was just like Logan, and Emma was independent and strong willed just like Addy. Good luck! We've only just begun!

Cami said...

What a CUTE girl. I can't believe she is just sitting in your lap at that restaurant. Jane would be IN the food. Janey does the backup to sit thing too. SO cute.

Courtland G. Cottrell, DDS, PC said...

I can understand why everyone wants to touch Addy. She is unbelievably beautiful, with her black eyes and white hair, she reminds me of Alyson when she was little (the black eyes and white hair part).

I just want to squeeze her, when I see these pictures. She loves books and loves to read too. What more can you want ? She is a doll!

Grandma Pauleen and Grandpa Courtland