Saturday, September 05, 2009

More adventures with the Asays

Addysen loves to read books. This was on our plane ride to Cheju.
This sweet Mom and her daughters rented a van for us and took us all around Miryang. She was sweet and so good to all of us. We had a great time with them. Addy and Logan loved the little girls. It was so neat to see the love that the Korean people have for Elder Asay. I loved seeing him in his element. Judd did a great job on his mission and met so many wonderful people. It was amazing to me how fast I became attached to these families as well. I really care and worry about them already and I was only with them a short time. I can see how as a missionary you spend so much time... how hard it must be to leave.The nice Branch President and his family had us into his home for dinner.
Grace is so great! She really is awesome and it was fun to get to know her better. She speaks very good English so that made it nice and easy. She is so generous and has a big heart. It is so fun to know who Judd is talking about now. I love knowing her and hope to see her again sometime.
Logan loves Grace. He sat by her at the horse show. Addysen and Logan both loved the show and eyes were glued the entire time.
Oh how the memories flood back when I see these pictures. This young man is our "Green Shirt Friend" as Logan calls him. So Korean names are hard for me and Logan to say to he finally gave up and that is they name he gave him. Even the next time we saw him and he wasn't in his green shirt it just stuck. This was a Korean meal we really enjoyed, thank you Elder Peterson. :-)
We rode many, many, trains and subways while on our journeys. Mom & Dad helped a single mommy out a lot. The kids were both troopers but it was a lot for anyone. We sure did see beautiful country when we were on the train.
Yes proof for my husband that I did eat it, I tried it all. What an experience!
Elder Asay! What a great man you truly are.
Addysen's first time on the beach and the sun was going down way to fast. Logan and Addy were both sad we didn't get more time that first night on the beach.
We were so happy when Spencer was able to join us in Pusan the last night before heading to Cheju. We had a great night visiting and catching up. It is neat to have Judd & Spencer both speaking Korean and talking about the friends they love. We are so blessed. I am happy to have the family I do and to have had this chance to bond and grow closer together.
This great man is Brother Lee. Spencer loves this man so much. I have heard about him for 10 years and about his great family. It was a true pleasure to finally get to meet him and his sweet family. Judd will have to send me the picture of all of us together I didn't get one. He is so strong and is raising obedient, happy, fun kids. Addysen loved him and fell asleep on him for a long time. He wouldn't let any of us help him carry her he enjoyed it. Logan loved playing with his 3 boys and his sweet daughter below.
Shin-bi is wonderful.
Logan had a blast golfing in our apartment with Grandpa, Daddy and Judd. We need to get him a small club. It is really cool the balls come up automatically.
Good times family! Thanks again for the visit. We sure had a blast. OH I forgot to mention the other wonderful food we ate without being told......DOG!! Yes you read it right, Judd is still Judd. :-) We tried it and won't ever do that again. I promise if anyone ever comes to see us we wont trick you and feed it to you, like he did us.

2 comments:

Jason & Claire said...

You are on quite the adventure! I just looked at the clock and realized I've been looking at your blog for over 30 minutes. I love it all. I love all the pictures of your parents and your kiddos. I love hearing about all of your experiences and the people you're meeting. It's like a whole other world I know nothing about. And, can your kids get any cuter?!? I swear!;)

Stuart Humes said...

I am loving seeing your adventures in Korea. And oh my goodnes, Judd is a man now? I still just see the little boy when I think of him, so seeing the pictures of this grown man is crazy!!!