Monday, September 28, 2009

Logans first Soccer practice

Logan was so excited for Soccer! He was even more excited when he found out his teams color is RED.....and then he was handed the #4 shirt so that he thought was cool because he is 4!!
I have to admit that his first soccer practice was a shock to me. He was really hard on himself. Logan my happy Logan cried when he didn't make it into the goal every time! I feel so bad for him. I want him to have fun and enjoy learning. So we talked a lot about that after practice. As a parent I felt so bad for him and then I was feeling bad because I promise I don't beat the kid for not being the BEST and everything.....
He did super good and had a fun time. I hope this Saturday he will learn from watching the real soccer team play. He came home from going with Spencer and said "Mommy they didn't cry when they didn't get it in the goal." So glad he realized that.
He has a really nice coach "Mr. Ken", so we are so happy for 6 weeks of soccer. Here in Korea they don't actually play against other teams until next year. So we will be doing lots of drills and learning the basics.

6 comments:

mira said...

aww! little kiddies playing soccer! so cute!! i had no idea that logan was so competitive...

JandJ said...

This is so cute! Does "Mr. Ken" speak English? Love you guys!

Renee said...

You are on a roll blogging! Way to go. Logan looks so great in all of those pictures. How fun to have him so involved.

Julia said...

No No NO, not Soccer, Football!! ;)

Donna said...

Love it, love it! Thanks for all the posts! It sure helps us to feel like we are a part of your Korean experience. Cool red soccer shirt, Logan! And #4, woohoo! Keep it up, buddy! You're awesome. Love, Grandma Dana

Cami said...

He will start to have fun . . . I hope. It was never very much fun for Jeffy--too much drama. But I'll be he'll catch on and do great. Too much competitive spirit at your house perhaps? Maybe Mommy should lose at Wackee Six sometime to show him it's ok.