Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Seoul Grand Park Adventures

A couple weeks ago for Spring Break we went to Seoul Grand Park with Hope, Taylor and Amber. We had a great time and of course many adventures. (This is the same friend that I was with when Logan had to "make a snake" on the bus ride home from the water park.) We never have a dull moment, but enjoy every minute.
The kids couldn't figure out why it had a baby under it's paw? Look at all the pretty flowers...it was really pretty. I'm sure now it looks even better with the blossoms and trees in bloom.

Logan the turtle.

We had a fun picnic and enjoyed our afternoon together.

We rode this ski-lift down the mountain. It was fun but a bit scary for me holding both the kids, bags, camera and being up so high over the water. I was worried that I was going to drop something. But we made it down fine and Logan loved it!
Smurfs...I had to post this, they also had some Peter Pan stuff I'm sure they got Disney's permission :-). This is the rose garden. The kids loved walking thru it even without the roses. I can't wait to go back!
Logan & Taylor are good buddies. We 're sure going to miss her and her family. They leave us next month along with many of our friends. This military thing is hard; you make friends, and then before you know it, it is time for them to leave.
Logan loves these "corn things". I don't know the real name but that is what Logan has named it. His favorite reason for riding the subway is so he can get them. They are in the shape of corn on the cob and they are filled with jelly stuff....I don't know but he loves them.

This is what a subway should look like.....lots of people. Hope & Amber were kind enough to let me take a picture of them so you could see the people. (This was before Amber threw up all over her own feet once in the park before leaving and YES once in the subway....I'm telling you... never a dull moment.) This is only one of the crazy experiences that day. The next is explained below.....
This is not what a subway car is supposed to look like. Yes, we were on this subway car and nobody else was. Two stops away from Seoul Grand Park, everyone got off. I looked around and told Hope it felt a little spooky, like something wasn't right. In fact I pulled out my camera to take this picture to show Spencer because this has never happened to me before!! I kept thinking to myself; are we going to fall off a cliff or what? Then 3 young men jumped on, so I thought we must just be going where most people aren't. Then we heard a Korean woman speaking over the intercom. Neither one of us know Korean hoping if it was really important they would tell us in English too. Nope the boys jumped off...we tried to follow but before we could get up and ready to get off the doors closed! The car began to go and then it stopped we looked out both sides of the subway car and it was wall on both sides. We were trapped in a hole. Laughing, we wondered what we were going to do. Then some people who were cleaning the subway car found us and went and got a manager. He did not speak English so we showed them where on our map we were trying to go. They nodded and took us back one stop and let us out. We then transferred to another car and made it to our destination. It was crazy. I never thought I would experience that in my whole life. Spencer said that during the morning and evening times when people are commuting they pull out more trains and then they take them away when they are less busy....we missed the memo!
Here is Addy enjoying her books seemingly oblivious to the adventure of the day.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

You guys go to so many fun places and see so many cool things! You're kids are lucky to have this experience!!
Love the pictures!

OUR HOUSE said...

never a dull moment:)

Cami said...

That picture of Logan and Taylor is AWESOME! Priceless. Looks like a great day! Addy is so nice to just sit there and look at books. She needs to talk to Jane about it.

Corinne said...

I want to go to there :)